Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ERROR: Cannot search because indexer is 'offline'
trond
Hi folks,
I am new to WorkSite MP, and have a pretty serious issue that I would really appreciate some help with - I was hoping perhaps this could be a problem that is known for the non-MP version of WorkSite as well....
When trying to perform a fulltext search on our worksite MP portal, we get the following error message:
Information
WorkSite MP cannot perform a full-text search at this time because the indexer is offline. Please contact your support staff.
Please try your search again after your support staff ensures that the indexer is running.
What is really weird, is that the search engine doesn’t work unless I put something into the meta data tags. The error message says that the indexer is offline – but if I put something in one of the meta data tags it works just fine...
It looks like we have MP 3.1 SP1 installed.
* We have tried restarting the indexer, but the problem remains.
* I also tried Re-Indexing the Index Collection.
Any help/guidance/brainstorms would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Trond
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I noticed you posted the same question in 3 forums. Most DevNet members visit all forums, and I monitor all boards and route questions to folks inside Interwoven who are likely to be able to help with specific posts.
I have asked a few people to take a look at your post. For future reference, the WorkSite MP board is the best place for WorkSite MP questions. This board, and the WorkSite admin board are for the WorkSite NT product.
Regards,
lissa