Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ERROR: Cannot search because indexer is 'offline'
trond
Hi folks,
I am new to WorkSite MP, and have a pretty serious issue that I would really appreciate some help with.
When trying to perform a fulltext search on our worksite MP portal, we get the following error message:
Information
WorkSite MP cannot perform a full-text search at this time because the indexer is offline. Please contact your support staff.
Please try your search again after your support staff ensures that the indexer is running.
What is really weird, is that the search engine doesn’t work unless I put something into the meta data tags. The error message says that the indexer is offline – but if I put something in one of the meta data tags it works just fine...
It looks like we have MP 3.1 SP1 installed.
* We have tried restarting the indexer, but the problem remains.
* I also tried Re-Indexing the Index Collection.
Any help/guidance/brainstorms would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Trond
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Did you happen to move the indexer installation from one machine to another ?
rdar
If you made any changes to the indexer configuration you will need to restart the cms process.
It may be that the cms cannot find the indexer.
Also, see if you are able to connect to the indexer using the indexbrowser (imindexbrowser).
trond
No, it is still on the same machine as ever...
trond
Ive tried restarting, and the error still remains...
Migrateduser
Hi,
Can you please send us a copy of the error logs when this error happens? Please send us the following logs
<your-log-dir-defined-in-config>/worksitemp.log
<webapp-root>/WEB-INF/logs/ <full dir>
<cms-install-dir>/logs/ <full dir>
If you would like to reduce the size of the log files, you can stop everything, delete all the above log files and restart everything before reproducing this search error.
Thanks,
Bijoy
trond
Thanks Bijoy,
We actually managed to fix it now - by just deleting and re-building the indexer... If it ever crashes again, I'll be sure to post those logs here.
Thanks again!!!