Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Set Replicant Values from CallOut Button
ozzie
Has anyone ever had a callout button in a replicant on a DCT, that opened a window for the user to select a value, then have that value returned to the replicant field on the DCT?
For Example, I have a callout button on a replicant field that opens a new window for the users to select a value from a drop down box. The Callout button is within a replicant. I need to have the selected value returned to the DCT.
In the DCT, the name for the replicant is defined as "Product/0/Product_Code". My Javascript in the CGI program is set to
$form.$item_name.value = 99.
Where $item_name is "Product/0/Product_Code". This works for fields not in a replicant, but I get a javascript error when trying to set the value of the field, Product/0/Product_Code.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I think you may be using the old style of JavaScript in your callout. I think you would be better off with standard FormAPI syntax. I think it looks something like:
parent.getScriptFrame().IWDatacapture.getItem( '/whatever' ).setValue( 'something' );
The '/whatever' is passed to the CGI somehow (use show_env.cgi temporarily to see what parameter to check).
ozzie
I do that in other places, which works fine on replicants. Can FormAPI open a new viewable window for the user to select values?
Migrateduser
Sure, FormAPI can do window.open to any URL, but what I'm saying is you can still use a callout, but have it return results to the form using FormAPI instead of the old Perl techniques. I may just be confused/confusing, sorry.
ozzie
So, FormAPI commands like, IWDatacapture.getItem("/field1").setReadOnly(false);
can be used on CGIs that are called from CallOut buttons on the DCT?
Migrateduser
I am pretty sure I've done this. For this specific thing (readonly) I think you would want to call IWDatacapture.redraw() afterwards.
ozzie
Thanks, I will give it a try.
ozzie
You can use FormAPI commands from callout buttons, as long as you use, "opener.parent.getScriptFrame();". I was just using parent.getScriptFrame();
thanks