Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deleted files not modified ?
nipper
Something happened on the way to TS552 SP4 (iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 34278 Interwoven 20040413, Solaris 2.8,
some time after iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 33494 Interwoven 20040316) deleted file behave differently.
In build 33494 if you view modified files that are deleted (but not modified) show up as deleted.
In 34278, view modified will only show a deleted file IF it was modified before it was deleted.
Now it is possibile that the previous behavior was a bug, but this change really ticks off our users.
I have not seen anything documenting this change in behavior
Anyone know if this change is planned ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Update,
this is a WF issue:
In our WF, we have approval -> submit -> unlock -> deploy
when you delete a file, the submit goes through but the lock
stays (even though the file is deleted in WA and STAGING)
We manage locks ourselves (owned by root) to prevent modifications
during WF. So how can I remove a lock for a file that no longer exists ?
Andy
Adam Stoller
So how can I remove a lock for a file that no longer exists ?
Recreate the file (like by pulling it out of an old Edition) - and then explicitly unlock it and then delete it again (you shouldn't have to re-submit unless you submitted the restoration of the file - which I don't believe you need to do)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
Actually I was looking for a good way to do this in the WF.
In the Gui I can view locked and unlock them all.
My only idea in the WF is that, before the submit takes place, run another external task to remove the
locks from deleted files only.
I was wondering if other people have a special unlock for deleted files only ?
Andy
Adam Stoller
I suppose you could do something like:
sub unlockDeletedFiles{
my $task = shift;
my $area = $task->GetArea();
my $mnt = TeamSite::Config::iwgetmount();
my $iwhome = TeamSite::Config::iwgethome();
foreach($task->GetFiles()){
my $f = "$mnt$area$_";
# ignore return results since iwunlock doesn't trivially distinguish between failures
# to unlock a file vs. trying to unlock an already unlocked file
qx($iwhome/bin/iwunlock $f) if (! -e $f);
}
}
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com