Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
formApi behaves differently on different machines
pedamale
Hi,
I am facing a curious case of form API behaving differently on different machines.
I have a set of users populating the DCRs successfully. When the product was being demoed to another set of users, the formAPI did not work at all for new users. Basically, the page is expected to reload with new values, which is not happening.
The basic difference between the 2 sets of users is that, they are from different companies, both can access the teamsite server.
I got the following statement from one of the docs, but not sure if it is relevent.
"Be careful of JavaScript security concerns regarding scripts from servers of a different domain."
Can someone please help me with this ?
Thanks and regards,
Pedamale
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Lex
Is it possible that the users from the other company have scripting disabled in their browsers' security settings?
Darryl Luther
darryl.luther@weyerhaeuser.com
Senior Web Analyst
Weyerhaeuser
Migrateduser
*could* be a cross-frame scripting security issue, if they are accesing teamsite with
http://machine
or
http://ip
instead of
http://machine.domain.tld
. Also, if the FormAPI is being generated with an inline, this seems to work for IE6 but not IE5.5. Other than that, browser version or configuration are the only things I could think of.