Six-One's Last Chance
We've had our share of problems upgrading to TeamSite 6.1 over the last few weeks. And we're really singing the blues. If you're familiar with "Mary Jane's Last Dance" by Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers, maybe you'll appreciate our latest collaborative musical effort: "Six-One's Last Chance".
We all live in a Carolina town
Thought we might upgrade while the users weren't around.
So we shut down the server and turned down the lights
Gave web-ops a call and said "Tonight's the night."
Well, we kicked off the users at five-fifteen.
And the helpdesk trouble tickets were more than we'd seen.
But things went smooth and we all started groovin'.
Til we tried to reboot and found the services weren't movin' on.
Not movin' on.
Last chance for the upgrade game, one more time to feel the pain.
I hear the boss comin' in; it looks like I'm screwed again.
Well, I don't know, but I've been told,
Don't go to six-one, you'd better just hold
I'm tired of screwin' up, tired of going down,
Tired of failed upgrades, and lookin' like a clown.
Oh, my, my. Oh, ****, jack.
Honey, put on that service pack.
Buy me a drink, sing me a song.
Back up your data 'cause it won't be there long.
Last chance for the upgrade game, one more time to feel the pain.
I hear the boss comin' in and it looks like I'm screwed again.
I can't catch a break, it's just not fair.
I'm in the server room in my underwear,
Tears are runnin' all down my face.
Another failed upgrade, another big disgrace.
Oh, my, my. Oh, ****, yes.
This upgrade turned into a great big mess.
I'm too numb to cry as I sit here alone.
Guess I'll clean out my cube and crawl to the road.
Last chance for the upgrade game, one more time to feel the pain.
I hear the boss comin' in and it looks like I'm screwed again.