Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
notifications on new folders deployed
COHIBA
We have a little problem with users creating new customer folders and not notifying the appropriate personnel who need this information. Since I manage 30+ web sites, I think we need to automate this notification some how. The problem is that the people who need this notification are not TeamSite users. Any suggestions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
Well, you could write a DnR script to handle it. It would have to parse it's input and look for new directories being created. When such an event was detected, an email could be sent to the appropriate parties.
The exact details of writing that DnR depend on how you've got OD configured - to use the old style "log" format or the newer "manifest" format. I would think it would be easier to deal with in the new format, but if you've got any legacy DnRs expecting the old format, it would probably easier to stick with that.
It could also be handled outside of deployment, in the workflow that users run to submit their modifications. An external task in the workflow could determine that the folder is new, and send an email.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
COHIBA
Hi Dwayne,
Do you have any examples on how this might work? I'm also looking at an event trigger using iwat off the CreateFSE event.
Thanks
iwovGraduate
What OD version you have ?
If using 5.6 or above, look at the ODHOME solutions directory. There are some examples.
COHIBA
Thanks I'll take a look - I have it on a test servers. I'm still using OD 5.5.1 in production though. We won't upgrade until next year.