Our leftnav is some rather ugly javascript that predates most of the people in our department. It is loaded from two external files with a <script> tag. For some reason, it causes a conflict with VP. When I view the file in TeamSite, I get a dialog with the error "A Runtime Error has occured. Do you wish to debug? Line: 15 Error

yntax error". If I say yes and fire up the script debugger, it is positioned at the opening <head> tag (which is apparently line 15 after the proxy finishes the javascript injection). If I put the script inline rather than pulling from an external file, I have no problems. If I view the file outside of TS (or for that matter through the Y: drive), close the VP toolbar, or disable it in iw.cfg, I do not have the problem.
I thought it might be a problem specific to a name collision or something between our menu and VP, so I went in search of a different left nav. However, I seem to run into the same sort of problem with others. I've included a zip file that has an example using one of the solutions I found (the code is a lot more straightforward than ours).
I'm running 6.1sp1 on W2k3. I'm using IE6 as the browser (I can't recall at the moment if I saw the same behaviour in Mozilla or not - in any case, IE is our corp standard, so even if it is happy in Mozilla, that wouldn't be a big help). If someone else wouldn't mind unzipping it into a branch and taking a look at listmenu.htm to see if you get the same error, it would be a big help. I'm not getting much help from support on this one.