Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwtestcfg
Thiags
I was trying out some permission for a particular directory in my workareas. I changed the regex rules in Submit.cfg and I've executed the iwreset, but still the permissions are not changed. Interestingly, when I validated the submit.cfg using iwtestcfg CLT it displays right permissions.
Is there any scenario in which the CLT shows right permission with the virtual path but the permissions do not set as expected when I physically submit the file to staging.
Any thoughts/fixes...
Thanks
Thiags
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
Submit.cfg
is only process when files are actually submitted to
STAGING
. Changing it doesn't have any impact on files that are already there. You'll need to modifiy the files and resubmit them to
STAGING
for your changes to take effect.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Thiags
Hi DB,
The permission I m trying to acheive is for a directory under my workarea.After changing the submit.cfg, I imported a doc into the directory and submitted the folder to staging, but still the permission was not altered.
Thanks!
Thiags
Dwayne
Unfortunately, the procedure that you've described submitted the
file
, but not the directory that contains it. There may be a better way to do this, but what you might have to do would be:
You could try going in via the IFS and changing permissions on the directory, and then submitting, but I'm not certain that it will recognise the change and propagate it.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Thiags
Thanks a lot, buddy! Your idea really worked out! I'm thrilled.
Adam Stoller
Directory permissions will only be changed when the directory is FIRST created within the staging area - not when the contents of an already existing directory are changed.
This is one of the drawbacks to not having directories be "first-class" versioned entitites.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com