Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Migration to 6.5
kshitiz
Hi All,
Currently I'm on TeamSite
5.5.2 SP 4
. We have to migrate to Teamsite
6.5
soon.
Do I have to install
SP6
before migrating to
6.5
?
Kshitiz Sharma
BT Wholesale | CMS
Mahindra British Telecom
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
smenon
Yes.. You need to be on SP6 before you upgrade to 6.5 to comply with the support upgrade path. We have not certified an upgrade from SP4 directly and even though it could work, supporting you in case you run into any issues will be difficult because it is not a tested and supported upgrade path.
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
kshitiz
Thanks Sunil,
We'll first install
5.5.2 SP6
before migrating to
6.5
.
Also, currently we are using
OD 5.6.0
and
DD 5.6.0
. Will they function fine with TeamSite 6.5? I hope we don't have to change the current OD and DD scripts for current content deployments.
What about the existing datacapture.cfg and DCRs for different categories/types?
Kshitiz Sharma
BT Wholesale | CMS
Mahindra British Telecom
Adam Stoller
If you are using a NEW server for 6.5 - you can take a COPY of your 5.5.2 backing store and plop it on the 6.5 server and it will be read (and modified enough such that you will NOT be able to take that same copy and move it back to the 5.5.2 system) - and avoid the hassle of using iwconvert/iwmigrate tools.
DD5.6 will NOT work with TS6.5 - instead you should plan on upgrading to OD6.0.x with DD6.0.x module -- the good news is that the OD part *an* remain the same - but you might find you'd prefer to upgrade the configuration files to conform to the new DTD. The same is basically true for the DD part -- we were using DD in standalone mode with iwdd.ipl -- DD6.x no longer has iwdd.ipl - instead you need to invoke your DD deployments through 'iwodcmd start'. There's a section in the documentation regarding upgrading from earlier versions - plus there's a thread or two on the OD forums regarding this too.
I believe I just responded with my findings regarding DCTs in a previous thread.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kshitiz
Thanks Fish for your inputs.
Is the upgradation of DD and OD to be done before TeamSite 6.5 upgradation or afterwards?
I guess there are lots of things to be first done with including 'Installation of SP6' before moving to TS 6.5
:-((
Kshitiz Sharma
BT Wholesale | CMS
Mahindra British Telecom
Adam Stoller
I would do it pretty much at the same time (if you're using a new box for 6.5 this makes sense - if you're trying to do an "upgrade" - I'm not sure what order makes sense -- though in general I'd recommend against trying an "upgrade")
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Bowker
I agree with Fish,
The changes between 5.x and 6.5 are not trivial for the user experience. I strongly suggest putting 6.5 up on another box and verify that all your users are 'happy' with the upgrade. Things are different.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
kshitiz
The problem is we don't have a separate box to install 6.5 independently. We have been given a box in which 5.5.2 was installed. The box is not in use and we have to test the upgradation on this box only.
We are now starting with installation of 5.5.2 SP6. If anyone can tell if there is need for backing up the backing store or other config files for this upgradation?
Kshitiz Sharma
BT Wholesale | CMS
Mahindra British Telecom
Adam Stoller
If you're doing an upgrade on a single box - ALWAYS BACKUP EVERYTHING FIRST -
Once your backing store has been processed by a 6.x server it can no longer be used by a 5.x server.
Lots of config files change - whether or not the upgrade overwrites or preserves them is probably situation-dependent and regardless its worth having copies around to help troubleshoot any problems that occur afterwards.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com