Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Component presentation includes
SMB
we are trying to use common component presentations in multiple branches, but when we put the component anywhere other than the workarea where we are using it, the 'main' presentation template would include the file, but not exercise the code. It just copied the code into the generated file. We have tried moving the component tpl to a higher level (directory) and accessing it from all the sub branches and putting the component tpls in iw-home/httpd/iw-bin - where we keep the dct includes. Is there an easy way to resolve this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Have you tried using the iwpt_compile script to capture that output and then include the output in your current PT? What methodology have you used so far?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
SMB
We have used an iw_include to call the component presentation.
<iw_include pt="presentation_includes/include_common_state_metadata_options.tpl" />
we haven't tried an iwpt_compile and will research it now.
Adam Stoller
Look at the on-line documentation for iw_include -- you'll see that there is an optional 'mode' attribute -- I'm pretty sure that's what you need to set to make your stuff work right.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
SMB
This works. The mode allowed me to use an absolute address. Thanks.
mike_jaixen
I've been using the following code to call components I use in all of my templates:
<iw_include pt="/.iwmnt/default/main/central_location/STAGING/templatedata/meta_tags.tpl" mode="cwd"/>
I switch STAGING to a WORKAREA should I want to debug or update the components; this way, anybody else who uses the templates while I'm digging into the code can use the last "good" version.