Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
many TS servers -> one TSS search server
NathansDIS
Is it possible to have 1 TeamSite search server index and search content from more than one TeamSite 6.5 server? Any reference to a thread or doc that describes the setup involved with this would be much appreciated.
Regards,
-Nathan
Washington State DIS
~~~~
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
I recall reading somewhere that Search supports searching only on one TS server.
Check the Admin Guide and/or Release Notes.
smenon
Nathan..
Currently, there is no way to have a single search server support multiple TeamSite servers. It is something that we have been thinking about, but I don't have a committed release for it.
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
NathansDIS
Is this coming up in the next release and you just don't have a date for it yet, or is it pretty much off the radar? Have others installed TSS on their Windows TeamSite servers due to this restriction? I just don't think I'll be able to buy a new server for our dev and pre-prod environments. If this functionality is feasible and you have a feature request in place, please add us to it. Thanks,
-nathan
smenon
We are going through the process to determine if we can include this in the next release or not. I believe the Engeering team has a design in place, but we need to be able to lock in all the resources necessary to see if we can include it in the next release. As is usually the case, we have to prioritize this feature request in the context of all the features that we want to deliver in the next release and pick the features we can accommodate based on resource availability.
Since it is OK to installl Search and Indexing on the same box as TeamSite for small implementations and limited sets of users, you should be able to do that on your dev and pre-prod environments and maybe use a separate server for your production environment.
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
DavidMusser
What I'm doing and I've heard of others is using Search on the TS box but only doing nightly updates to the indexes. It appears to be working fine now with the limited users I have.
David R. Musser
MCSE & MCP+I
Eye Street Software
Phone: 540-542-5257
Email:
dmusser@eyestreet.com
smenon
Out of curiosity - did you run into issues with enabling incremental indexing forcing you to adopt the nightly indexing strategy? Once you have indexed the branch, the incrementals are not that resource intensive, especially if you have a limited set of users.
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
DavidMusser
My issue was the database requirement for the Event Server, so I figured since I wasn't using the event server anything else I turned it off. I have a case open for support to see if the event server being off will hurt anything right now.
I'm using OD, but not DAS.
-D
David R. Musser
MCSE & MCP+I
Eye Street Software
Phone: 540-542-5257
Email:
dmusser@eyestreet.com