Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Big files
pvpkumar
Our application require uploading big multi media files of size around 500-600 MB into TeamSite through DCT. The performance is bad with such big file. Is that a common ? Is there any upper limit for file size to upload into TS.
We use TS 5.5.2 on AIX
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
shanon
500-600 MB is not appropriate for browser-based applications with today's internet or even most intranet speeds. If you're trying to use a BROWSE widget for the upload you're surely going to fail. By fail I mean that the browser will time out before the file is complete.
If you want to use TeamSite for the upload ( as opposed to FTP ), then try Launchpad ( File > Import Files ) command. It's java-based so it'll get around the timeout issue, but I don't know how well it works with really big files.
Once you have imported the files into the system, you can write a simple browse callout in your DCT to insert the path inside a Form/DCR.
Shanon Levenherz
Mercer eBusiness Team
shanon.levenherz@mercer.com
http://www.mercerhr.com
Migrateduser
You really should implement something else (i.e. Samba or some nice FTP client) for this purpose. 1/2 GB is too huge for a web application to handle.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
reportResult.jpg
Bill Klish
Another possible angle here might be to use TeamSite Front Office. It comes with TeamSite so you don't have any other licensing restrictions. You just have to install the server/client software and configure the workarea you are trying to import things into as available.
It will still take a while to transfer the files, but you will have direct access to your workarea via the TeamSite briefcase. I believe the files are transmitted as SOAP attachments.
DavidMusser
Are these files local on the person's desktop or on a shared drive?
I had a customer who needed to do something similar and it turned out they were on a shared drive. We then had them put the location in the DCT, and used OpenDeploy to pull the files into the workarea. If these are on the desktops it would not make sense since you'd need a reciever on each one, but if it's on a shared system it may be worth looking into.
-D
David R. Musser
MCSE & MCP+I
Eye Street Software
Phone: 540-542-5257
Email:
dmusser@eyestreet.com
GroupedColumnarReport.JPG
shanon
I would only use TFO if absolutely necessary. Primarily because it requires a fat-client install on each user's computer. This is big headache for IT people.
I would recommend (1) launchpad (2) ftp (3) mount
Shanon Levenherz
Mercer eBusiness Team
shanon.levenherz@mercer.com
http://www.mercerhr.com
nipper
I implemeneted something like this before, templates were used to spawn a java process to upload the file
& place it into the appropriate directory.
Pretty easy now with the new changes in FormAPI.
HTH
Andy
Migrateduser
pvpkumer said he/she is using TS 5.5.2, though. I seem to remember this version was pretty bad with regard to importing files of a NORMAL size...
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K