Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
am I confused here ?
nipper
IW talks about how portable Worksite MP is but is only supports IE 5.5+ as browsers ?
I was asked to use WorksiteMP but I am working on a Solaris box (envious, aren't you?)
with the latest Mozilla client.
I am guessing that won't work.
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
benp
Supposedly SP1 willl address some of your issues such as firefox compatibility.
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi//techlib/53813
Ben
Migrateduser
SP1 is now available. It supports Firefox as a browser.
You can check out information on DevNet here:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/news/index.html#WSMP41SP1
hth,
lissa
JTNeville
Envious? Mmmm sure. What's Sun's stock at?
Any MP talks about the server platform more than the accessing client, but as Lissa stated with the release of SP1 for 4.1, MP now runs in Firefox natively and also allows a MP Administrator not to require the JVM anymore.
I wrote a new login page to allow non-IE browsers into MP and it wasn't hard.
As a point of interest, simply disabling the javascript that checks which browser you are using would allow you to access MP previous to the application of SP1 to a 4.x implementation or for a legacy 3.1 installation. During my testing previous to SP1's release, Firefox worked just fine on all MP content and workspaces with the exception of Saved Searches. This has been remedied in SP1.
I'm testing 4.1 SP1 now, with the latest release of Firefox and so far no serious bugs in eithers service release. If I find anything of note I'll post it.
nipper
Thanks Lissa, but I am using an Interwoven server for Worksite so I hope you guys
keep updates on your external machines.
Andy
Migrateduser
If you're using an IWOV server you may have to wait a few weeks for the SP to be up on the server. We do keep current, but it may take that long for all servers to be upgraded.
If you have a specific requirement you should contact whoever gave you the access to the server.
hth,
lissa