Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
?'s for trademark when generating
System
Hi,
Here is my system info
Apache.
Here is some more system info:
Host OS: SunOS (5.8)
Version: 5.5.2 Build 14136 Interwoven 20021127
License Expires: NoLimits
My problems is... I have a visual-format control. When the user enters a trademark and previews everything is fine. You can see the trademark, but when the code is generated and sent to web-server, it change the trademark to a ?. If I do a view source it actually shows the trademark symbol instead
of the ®.
I read prior post and changed the visual_formater.xml to use entityname instead of utf-8, but I am still having problem.
Thanks in advance,
mccalla
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
What character set are you using in your generated page? I forget whether UTF-8 or ISO-8859 that will cause this to appear properly, but it's one of the two. Probably a better way to get around this is to have your template translate the symbol for ®
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
Migrateduser
Hi Dave,
I'm using UTF-8 in presentation template but in my perl script I am running iwpt_compile with these options -oenc iso-8859-.
Should I change iso-8859-1 to utf-8?
Thanks,
mccalla
Migrateduser
iso-8859-1 should display this character properly, but what about using "®" instead of the symbol? It seems a bit cleaner, but either will work.
You could also change the iwpt_compile flag to utf-8 -- that should work, also.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
Migrateduser
Hi,
I am using ®... I change the option in iwpt_compile in my perl script from iso-8859-1 to utf-8. It seem to work.
mccalla