Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Choice item content is gone after re-open of DCR?
RonaldV
Hi,
I've defined a dct with a choice-item in it.
It's all working, but when I re-open a saved dcr the content of the choice does not show in the dcr-edit window any more. After saving the content is also removed from the underlying dcr/xml.
When I replace the choice by a container (min/max=1 combination=or) it's all working fine again.
Anyone has seen this before?
Thanks, Ronald
TS65 on Win2k
TS552, Win2k
OD560
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
I am having the same problem. Is this a known issue/Bug ?
TS 6.5, W2K
Ronald, were you able to find any solution ?
Edited by iwovGraduate on 03/10/05 10:41 AM (server time).
Migrateduser
Do you have any FormAPI running on this DCT? If so, what is it intended to do (even if it's not supposed to touch that field)? It might be helpful for you to look at the XML output right after you have the file and then again right after you've opened it the 2nd time and have verified that the field is no longer there.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
iwovGraduate
I have FormAPI, but its not doing anything with the fields in choice.
The value of that item is actually stored in the DCR. When I open it again for editing, the value is still in the DCR (XML) but does not show up in the UI. When I save it again, the DCR looses the value.
I will try removing all FormAPI code alltogether and see if it helps. Or maybe something wrong with my DCT itself.
PR_RI_0012.rptdesign
Migrateduser
There's not necessarily anything "wrong" with anything, but what I've also noticed is that a DCT will not necessarily reflect the correct content if, since I'd saved the DCR, I manipulated the fields in such a way that would cause a field to be invalidated.
For instance, and I don't know if this pertains to you, but if I change a container from not having replicant fields to having them (or vice-versa). That's going to change the XML structure of the DCR and I think that's what **** it off. Again, this is just my observation.
What happens when you start a new DCR? Without changing the DCT structure at all, do you see everything you should on the 2nd open?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
RonaldV
I really think this is a bug. I've change the choice into a container and that made it working again.
TS552/TS65, Win2k
OD560/OD601
Migrateduser
It very well may be a bug... if a bug has not already been filed for this one (which, I don't it has), please consider calling Support and filing a bug.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
RonaldV
Hihihihi,
here is what support has got to say:
"This is with regards to your case number 1216268: Choice item content is gone after re-open of DCR. I'm Hemant and I'll be assisting you with this issue.
The <choice> element, is a new element introduced in the TeamSite 6. And as per the TeamSite 6 Release notes, all new templates created with TeamSite 6 should have dcr-type="xml". Only data capture templates that were created or modified from TeamSite 5 have the dcr-type="iwov". Since the <choice> element is new, hence it is supported only by dcr-type="xml". Please refer to "Compatibility of Data Capture Templates" section on page 18 of TeamSite 6 Release note ["ts.610.rn.pdf"].
Ensure that the file datacapture.cfg is refering to the datacapture6.0.dtd and the dcr-type attribute of the data-type element in the templating.cfg is set to "xml"."
Unfortunately they only mentioned this in the TS61.rn. It's not in the TS65 docs. Be warned!
Ronald
TS552/TS65, Win2k
OD560/OD601
iwovGraduate
What happens when you start a new DCR? Without changing the DCT structure at all, do you see everything you should on the 2nd open?
In this case there are no issues.
iwovGraduate
Ah, that explains it.
I was actually wondering about it yesterday and scanned through all the documentation to see if dcr-type has anything to do with this. But unfortunately I was refering to 6.5 docs.
Thanks for the update.
Migrateduser
In that case, I've seen that, also. I think what's happening is that when we change the DCT structure beyond a certain extent after a DCR has been saved, TS doesn't render it properly when it's opened right after the DCT has been changed. From observation, though, when I redo the DCR according to the new structure and save, it displays just fine when I open the record after that.
Have you noticed the same?
If this is also RonaldV's case, I don't think this can be classified as a bug since templating is working the way it should. If the DCT structure has changed and the DCR is opened having been saved under the previous design, it's reasonable to have the DCR not display as expected on the 2nd open.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
(2) TS 6.1 on W2K