Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCR's DCT's Redesigns and XML Transformations
Tim__D
Hello,
Does anyone have any transforming DCR/XML into another data type?
I'm faced with a redesign project for a Templated site. The data types and DCT's will change but I still want to leverage some of the data which is already stored in DCR /XML format.
- Tim
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
You are changing just the data-type or changing the DCT as well ?
Migrateduser
yes,
i done the transformation DCR's to HTML to PDF & RTF.
You shd try with XSL FO API. and can use the CLT inside the WF also.
Thanks
RG
gzevin
easy. just write a TPL that will produce DCRs of different structure.
To get a sample of such a DCR, when you have a new category/data type, just create a blank one and use it as a foundation of your TPL
don't forget to attach EAs to your DCTs. This could be done right from the TPL
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
you missed the point, sorry
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Tim__D
Ahh thats smart. I was thinking more along the lines of some recursive script to do this type of transformation. Is that also possible? I'm trying to reduce manual work on this project where possible.
Tim__D
Both. To ensure that the DCT is intuitive to produce the resulting data both data type and DCT will be changed.
Tim__D
I actually want to transform the DCR into another DCR of a different data type and scheme. Thanks anyway.
gzevin
well, basically waht you have to do is to traverse tn existing DCR (XML) and produce a new DCR (XML). Of course, you can use other methods (in XML:
OM or even in TeamSite:
CRNode) to emit new XML, but I believe that the technique that I have decribed is the fastest way of doing this.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU