Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Replace System with Real User?
nico
On ts 552 win2k OD 5.6 I've created a workflow deployment so certain editors can deploy to our test region via Teamsite using a new job. Problem is in OD reports, it shows as "System" making the deployment, what workarounds are there so that the person who ran the job's name appears there or anywhere. This would be helpful for audit purposes.
Thanks,
Nico
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
I think the reason why you see the user SYSTEM is because the externaltasks run as user SYSTEM.
As far as I know there is no way to change this behavior in Windows. (I'll be very happy to be wrong!) I believe this is a FR for this already.
Too bad Windows don't have "su". Windows does have "runas", but unlike "su", that don't work without specifying credentials.
Bowker
We ran into the same issue. We, on occasion, would have files owned by system. The submit.cfg could correct that (to a point) but the issue of who did stuff was still an issue. We ended up inserting a "log job" step in the workflow that would write all the desired info (files, who, versions, dates, time, workflow id, people who approved content...) to a separate log file. An extra step, but then we could also control the format of the log file for our own use.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
shanon
yep, we had the same issue. we use a log task at the end of each workflow that goes to a DB... i would assume that many people have done this as the workflow reporting is, um, absent.
Shanon Levenherz
Mercer eBusiness Team
shanon.levenherz@mercer.com
http://www.mercerhr.com
iwovGraduate
I think the answer to this is no, but just want to make sure -
Is there a any way to use "runas" on Windows without having to specify credentials ? Or any third-party tools (freeware or commercial) that do the same ?