Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
installing ts552 to new machine
nico
Trying to install ts 552 from an existing machine to a new machine, where will the new machine name be important? i.e. iw.cfg? anywhere else?
Thanks,
Nico
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
why are you asking ?
You are doing the installl correct, not copying iw-home ?
This is just so you can move the config files ? That is reasonable
OpenDeploy config will also have some host specific files. iw.cfg is
the only one that gets changed in TS, IIRC
Andy
iwovGraduate
Not sure what exactly you are asking here. If you are doing a fresh install the installer will take care of populating hostname whereever necessary. (except that you will have to generate a new lic key)
Or are you just moving/copying iw-home and everything else from old machine to new machine ?
DavidMusser
As stated earlier the install will take care of the name... the place I would look the most is in the customizations... I have to admit that I've been as guilty as others about hard coding the name into configs in the past... I don't (or try) not to do that now.
And I think it was stated by you'd have to check the od recievers to make sure they were setup with the new host name.
Take care
David.
David R. Musser
MCSE & MCP+I
Eye Street Software
Phone: 540-542-5257
Email:
dmusser@eyestreet.com