Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
PAM support - session management
Johnny
We are looking into single sign on for teamsite.
Since we are unable to install the active response module into the siteminder policy server, we are looking into integrating the two via PAM.
Has anyone done this before?..
Has anyone had any experience with TeamSite and PAM that they can share?
Reading the admin manual, account and authentication are supported through PAM, but what about session management?.. Any thoughts on how we could maintain the SSO session?
Thanks
John Cuiuli
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mike_jaixen
With TeamSite 5.5, I think this required writing custom code. I've inherited a 5.5 system that has a PAM module that connects to SiteMinder, but I'm not sure about what changes with an upgrade to 6.x. My hope has been that the PAM would be unnecessary, but my fear is that the PAM has to be completely rewritten.
Hopefully, someone from Interwoven will interject here.
Johnny
Thanks for jumping in Mike.
My knowledge of PAM is limited, but on first thought I would think that you wouldn't have to change anything as the module is an API between PAM and SiteMinder.
I do know that the manual describes support for SiteMinder 5.5 through the installation of an active response object in the policy server.
Can you describe how your system works?..
As in how the interaction occurs, and how the session is maintained through SiteMinder (if at all)
John Cuiuli
mike_jaixen
Unfortunately, I inherited our environment after the people who were working on it left, so I'm trying to piece together the details of what we're doing. We're currently on a Solaris 8 platform using TeamSite 5.5 . It works now, but I only have a high-level overview of how it works. We're in the process of upgrading to TeamSite 6.5 on Solaris 9, and not sure how (or even if) it will work, or whether there is enough integration between TeamSite and SiteMinder that the PAM module that was written for us by Interwoven consulting 2 years ago is even necessary anymore.
Johnny
If you can install the active response module in your policy server, you should be right.
The admin manual (ts.650.admin.unix.pdf) has all the info.
"Integrating with SiteMinder" page 183 of the 6.5 manual.
You need to install a .so file (active response module) into the site minder policy server.
John Cuiuli