Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
I know it's not supported but...
Bowker
Is any one running successfully or tried unsuccessfully to run TeamSite 6.5 server under Windows XP Professional? (Not the client side, but the actual server.)
I know it's not supported, but neither is VMWare and the engineers/sales people use(d?) it all the time.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
try it, however it is HIGHLY unlikely that this will work. The architecture from 2K to XP
is very different & I would be stunned to hear that is is possible.
Andy
Migrateduser
For what it's worth, I had tried installing 6.1 on XP Pro but to no avail. I had so many problems with it (not mapping the Y drive, some services consistently not starting up, etc.) that I just decided to give up.
It's good to know that there's someone else as adventurous as I, though!
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
nipper
It's good to know that there's someone else as adventurous as I, though!
Yes, so now when you decide to try Street Car Surfing, you know someone
else who may join you. & plenty of use wil be willing to watch. & laugh