Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
installing sp1 error for 552
nico
I'm trying to install sp1 for ts 552 on win2k and am getting the following error, ideas?
Trying to install SP1 but getting the following error message:
Cannot retrieve the Interwoven registry key, IWVERSIONVAL=Version
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I think SP1 had problems - you probably don't want anything less than SP2b - and you might as well go to the end of the list and get SP5 or SP6 (or whatever the latest SP is). I believe each SP subsumes the contents of the previous SP for that specific version - so you should be okay jumping to the latest SP and applying it.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nico
Problem is we have to install sp1 cause we are trying to replicate our production environment and our production environment currently has sp1.
Migrateduser
Adam is 100% correct. In fact, I'd probably go at least to SP3. Remembers Service Packs are cumulative, so going to SP3 will include SP2.
hth,
lissa
nico
I totally hear you guys but our policy is that we have to have a dev machine be exactly like the production machine. And the issue is the production machine has sp1, the dev machine only has 552 with no sp. So by company policy I have to put sp1 on it before I can make the jump. Help?
Migrateduser
I think I'd contact support. SP1 was a long time ago, and I just don't remember. sorry.
lissa
iwovGraduate
Cannot retrieve the Interwoven registry key, IWVERSIONVAL=Version
Looks like the SP install is not able to find something in the registry.
You mentioned that you have another server (prod?) which is 552 with SP1. Can you check the registery of that server for "IWVERSIONVAL" and compare it with the dev (?) server?
If that key is missing add it exactly the way it is in prod and try your SP install again.
I would highly recommend making sure you have good backups of your server including your registery before you modify it.