Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
submit filter
Ottawa_IWOV
Anyone know the proper submit filter regex for all files and folders in a WORKAREA?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
I recall seeing this particular example in the TS Admin Guide. Have you checked that yet ?
Ottawa_IWOV
Basically, we have file in a WORKAREA with bad permissions. I am trying to copy to a new WORKAREA, and submit to force new perms on the files, but I can't seem to get it to work.
Anyone have thoughts on how to do this?
iwovGraduate
Ok, so as I understand you have a file with bad permissions and need to fix it.
Looks like this is a one time thing you want to do. If so, why not just change it as root/admin in the workarea itself and submit it ? That should do it.
... and submit to force new perms on the files, but I can't seem to get it to work.
What have you tried so far ? Post your submit.cfg
Have you tried to use the CLT to test submit.cfg ? If not, do it and post what you see.
Bowker
You may have to modify all the files in the workarea so they get submitted in the first place.
You may have to modify them first, Setting a piece of metadata would be enough to force the submit.
About setting the submit.cfg - you could set it temporarly to {.*} to pickup everything -then nothing would get missed.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
John742
I have had this problem in the past where my submit.cfg perms or regex was not set correctly and I had to go back and change it. Just as you though, my workarea that had used this had all the files perms wrong. It is not as easy as just resubmitting the file since the folder it is in has the incorrect perms. also. Deleting and recreating will work, but since Teamsite treats renaming a folder like a delete this is what I do. Rename the folder that has the files you need to change perms on and do a direct submit. Then rename the folder back to it's orginal name and direct submit again( you may have to override staging conflicts to get everything back to original). Some do not mind just directly changing perms in iwmnt, but I feel this too risky
J Dagenhardt