Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WorkRoute MP: Commit Scripts
suy
I have a couple questions:
1) I am currently attempting to have a workflow perform certain scripting functions upon either commit or termination (via the workflow watchlist). I previously thought that a workflow's commit script functioned akin to a Java/C++ "finally" clause, but have found that this isn't the case. Is there functionality available to allow me to execute a script upon a workflow's intended termination?
2) If I have need to terminate a workflow due to an exceptional circumstance, is there any cleaner way to do it other than to throw an exception that will hang the process? Optimally, I would like to be able to execute a clean-up script upon an assertion failure or other exception. Is this possible?
Any response would be appreciated. Positive responses would be extremely appreciated.
-Steve
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi,
one approach might be to spawn a parallel WF which will show up separately on watchlist from where user terminates (eg 'select me to terminate <WF name>', rather than the 'terminate' menu function. You can then have your scripts as an epliogue of that termination activity - and you could set a UDA with 'being terminated' status.
Since there would be 2 WFs running in watchlist you need to terminate the original one - each activity on the 'normal' execution path could test that UDA and pass to exit node if set to 'being terminated'.
HTH - Barney
Director of Technology and Strategic Solutions, Asia-Pacific
Email:
barney.dunne@interwoven.com
suy
Barney,
I had a response all typed out, until I realized that we'd been thinking about the same thing.
Thank you much for your response.
-Steve
Edited by suy on 03/07/05 09:38 AM (server time).