Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Migrating from Teamsite 5.5.2 to 6.5
Leo
Hi,
We are currently using Teamsite 5.5.2 and migrating to 6.5. I am in the process of migrating to 6.5. I just installed 6.5 and I need to know what to be done first and what next - most of all, the DONT's! What are the sequence of activities to be preformed for a successful migration? Is there a migration procudure / steps / checklist available? What do I need to take care of during the migration, thinking in terms of Workareas, Templates, configuration files, workflows etc., Anything on the OpenDeploy & the DataDeploy fronts?
Also, Please let me know if there are any documents / links that will be helpful in migration.
Thanks in advance.
- Leo
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
There are a number of documents on the support site (search for 6.5 upgrade) that cover procedures, steps, checklists, etc.
There are also quite a few posts in these forums (search for the same thing (probably using AND rather than PHRASE for the search semantics)
You didn't mention if you're on Windows or Unix.
I'd suggest you do a bit of the research - put together your findings - and if you want us to review your plan, by all means post it and I'm sure we'll do so.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Leo
Thanks very much fish!
sorry, Our Teamsite is on Solaris. I don't have the access to the support site as I am working at a client's location. Will try to get access and look for the documents and check with you once done.
Thanks again.
- Leo
Leo
Hi,
I have prepared my plan of migration which I am attaching along.
Please highlight me if I have missed out any steps, or If I have estimated right for the steps that are listed. And, I don think my steps are in a proper sequence, which also may matter during migration. Are there any error-prone step which I need to take care before performing?
Sorry if I am asking too many questions - I am just thinking loud. Over all, I am looking at a plan which is practical - avoid last minute suprises that consume time.
Thanks in advance.
- Leo