Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Worksite 8 Pages not forming correctly
andrewdemmon
Hi
Hope someone out there can help us.
We are in the process of migrating from Worksite 4.2 to Worksite 8 and from Filesite 3 to Filesite 8, however, we are running a pilot for about 15 - 20 users.
We have up upgraded the server and the pilot users are obviously using the new clients. The rest of the firm are still using the old clients with the new server end which we were told should work fine. This does not seem to be the case!! It seems that these users with the old client are experiencing problems with Worksite pages not forming correctly in Worksite Web.
We can tell straight away if they have the problem as any Link items appear as double line spaces (Searches are fine). When you look closer into the problem, buttons are not appearing correctly and the editing pages are not forming correctly which is stopping people from being able to modify any pages. The main errors appear when editing security of items, the worksite browser dialog or editing Link items. I have some screen dumps if these would help but the file is to large to add as an attachment. If anyone thinks they can help I would email them if required.
I would think that this situation will right itself when we roll out the new clients to the rest of the firm but this will not be for another month and people need to edit the pages before then.
Any help would be much appreciated
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I am not really understanding the problem - Can you be more specific ? Or send couple of screenshot to get better idea....
If you run the WorkSite Updater - its supppose to migrate all your linklist from workspace(xml) to linklist folder and preseve your old links...
Send me some screenshot to get idea as in what you are talking about - Save your screenshots in jpg or gif format so that size wont be an issue..
reesbevan
Hi Andy - can you confirm which hotfix version of WorkSite Web 8 you're running, and also which hotfix version of Server 8? Have you run the Tree Updater utility?
A.
_______________
Allan Rees-Bevan
Applications Developer - Masons Solicitors
London, United Kingdom
andrewdemmon
Thanks for both of your replies.
I have attached a screen shot in jpeg format of three screens that are having problems. Hopefully you will be able to zoom and still see them correctly.
We used the worksite updater and the links have been moved over correctly, and work fine. They are even formatting fine on XP machines, however they are incorrectly formatted on Windows 2000 machines, you will see double line spacing. (I know in my last post I thought it was the machines that had been rebuilt with the new Filesite client, however, it seems that it could well be an XP / 2000 issue).
The pages have been updated correctly but some machines are having problems viewing them correctly.
I was not the person in charge of the upgrade and do not have access to the server so I am not sure of the versions and hotfixes. I will follow up this post when I have this information, hopefully tomorrow when the correct person is back from holiday. I have not heard of the tree updater utility, so I will ask about this as well.
Andy
Migrateduser
This looks to me either a browser or a Javascript engine issue. Worksite uses JavaScript/XML to render Tree control...
Couple of things I woule like to know
Whats the version of your browser ( and services packs)
Whats the version of your script engine? (you can see type
http://localhost/worksite/bc/BrowserInformation.aspx
to see your script engine version
Also does it happen on all machines in your org or some machine - if it happens on some time I would recommend you to upgrade to latest browser version (IE 6.0 with sp2)
Let me know
Thanks
andrewdemmon
This is the message I got from the guys that upgraded the software.
"We are using Worksite 8 Server hot fix 5a, and Worksite Web 8 hot fix 2a. We ran the updater which updates all start pages, preferences, etc. Is the tree updater different?"
As we have two types of machines, XP and 2000, the XP machines have IE6 with SP2 (which all seem to be working fine) and the 2000 machines have IE6 with no SP installed (none of which seem to be working correctly). I am using a 2000 machine and I tried updating to the latest SP which made no difference (I don't think there is is a SP2 for 2000???).
As for the Script engine Version, some machines are running 5.6.6626 and others 5.6.8513 but there doesn't seem to be a trend. Both of these versions work on some machines but not others (it doesn't matter if they are XP or 2000).
Please let me know if you need any other information.
Thanks
Andy
reesbevan
It sounds like it could be an IE sp2 issue then if that seems to be a distinct difference.
The Tree Updater is included with WorkSite Server 8.0 and it's called ReFolderTree.exe, but if all the elements are on your pages, albeit displaying incorrectly, then I don't think that's the issue.
Allan
_______________
Allan Rees-Bevan
DM Server Analyst - Herbert Smith
London, United Kingdom
andrewdemmon
Thanks for both of your eagerness in helping me to solve this issue.
I have in fact solved this now and it was nothing to do with the setup of IE, Worksite, or anything really.
It seems that worksite was having problems with Caching. I tried deleting my temporary internet files and this solved the problem. My pages all display correctly now so there must have been pages in the cache that were causing the errors.
All of the new builds are XP and most of the people using XP would have only just been rolled out so their temporary internet files would have been removed as we do not have them included in the roaming profile.
There must still be a problem somewhere with worksite that means that you have to delete the whole firms temporary internet files but I am happy now we have a solution.
Once again thanks for both of your help!!
Andy