Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Websphere Portal Server and TeamSite
bturns
Has anyone out there done a TS 5.5.2 or 6.5 integration with Websphere portal server 5?
We are starting to build requirements for a portal implementation. This implementation will include an integration with TS. The integration will include but not be limited to:
1) pushing Metadata and template data to portlets.
2) deploying static content, xml and html fragments to portlets
Are there any design flaws or caveats that I need to think about when integrating with WebSphere?
Thanks,
Brian
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
I have just done specs for content development for Weblogic Portal. I don't think the idea with Websphere would be much different.
Basically, we developed different content types with templating, push the content into the preview instance of the portal server, then to production. Technical details of deploying content/metadata will be different from Weblogic, but I am sure they have something like a Bulkloader in Websphere...
one thing to remember - be very sceptical about TeamPortal - you better off without it.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU