Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
templating.cfg ignored
System
Recently upgraded to 6.5 from 5.5.2 on W2K and everything seemed to work fine except that I can't EDIT existing data capture records (NEW is no problem). Teamsite tells me that the cataegory/type of the DCR I'm trying to open does not exist in the templating.cfg, but they clearly do. So I tried typing garbage into templating.cfg and doing a iwreset -ui and nothing happend, so then I tried deleting it, still no joy. And I checked, I definitely only have one file called templating.cfg on the server.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
iwreset does not do anything with templating.cfg, so your efforts were in vain
did you inspect the extended attributes and thoroughly checked the spelling, etc? Also, you could have lost the EAs alltogether... (this is most likely cause, IMO)
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Thanks for the tips Greg. Tried a reboot, but to no avail and as regards the EAs I've made sure that there all ok. However, I just tried using CC standard instead of pro and I'm now getting a more usefull error message about templating.cfg being corrupt ...
Migrateduser
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm speaking from observation -- I
think
that TS might cache templating.cfg (and perhaps other config files) when it can't make sense of the newest version of the file. I'd seen a similar problem where a Windows-based text editor I was using was unscrupulously injecting bizarre bytes into my available_templates.cfg file. I had to go through an excercise to get them out, but everything eventually became normal again.
If it's saying your templating.cfg file is corrupt, what do you see when you open it up in a plain, non-fancy text editor?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
gzevin
again. neither reboot or reset do anything with either templating.cfg or available_templates.cfg.. .just to save your efforts next time you decide to reboot
what kind of message are you getting?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
iwovGraduate
...I've made sure that there all ok....
Can you post the deails of which EAs you checked for and how ? Its possible that you overlooked that somebody else might be able to point you out.
...I'm now getting a more usefull error message...
What is the exact error you are getting ?
Migrateduser
Thanks everyone. Seem to be getting closer. The error I got earlier was due to the fact that I typed some garbage into my template.cfg just to prove that TS was ignoring it. After a reboot it seems that it is now reading it. I took out the garbage, rebooted and the erro message went away. However it still stands that I can create a new DCR with the DCTs no problem but when I use edit it says that the category/type does not exist. The category/type does exist and I have run iwextattr on all the DCRs setting their category/type values correctly. Is their some other EA I now need to change due to 6.5 ?
Migrateduser
I'm in Greg's camp of "Rebooting does nothing for you in this instance," but if you say it worked for you, we can leave it at that.
If you were to attach your templating.cfg and post the EA's you're currently seeing along with a description of how your branches are set up, etc., I'm sure you'll get the answer your looking for much sooner and without so many
@-holes
like me repeatedly prompting you for more information.
Hmm, that was a long sentence.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
Migrateduser
Thanks !! It was the EAs. I had an old script of mine that was setting them to 'category \ type' (note the angle of the slash). I changed this to 'category / type' and now I can edit a DCR :-). It seem that TS W2K 6.5 is now a little fussier when it comes to backslash/forwardslash
iwovGraduate
...TS was ignoring it. After a reboot it seems that it is now reading it...
Strange. Rebooting in the situation
as you described
has nothing to do with this.
...The category/type does exist and I have run iwextattr on all the DCRs setting their category/type values correctly...
Again,
can you provide deatils -
what category/data-type are you working with
post your templating.cfg
post the output of a iwextattr -l on a DCR that you are trying to edit along with its full path.
Not that we doubt your abilities, but if you don't provide enough information nobody can help you. sorry.
Migrateduser
I think that's why I collectively referred to us as "
@-holes"
.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
iwovGraduate
...and I thought it was some obfuscated Perl snippet
gzevin
and I am an Aussie ****
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU