Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Suggestions for configuring iwproxy
mike_jaixen
I'm trying to configure a new Solaris 9 server with TS 6.5, and am getting proxy errors when I try to preview a DCR saying that the proxy server can't connect, so I believe iwproxy may be misconfigured. Tried RTFM, but it's short on explanations and examples to explain what your options are and why you'd want to do certain items.
I'm going to go back and look at my production server (TS 5.5 and Solaris 8) and compare how httpd.conf and iwproxy are configured to see if it makes any sense. I've tried looking on the support forums for anything that would help me understand how I should (&/or should not) configure the new server. Am I missing something, or am I looking for the wrong thing?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
This when you hit the "Preview" button from the DCR, right ?
What is the exact error message you get ?
What web server are you using on TS 6.5 box ?
Are you able to preview a normal HTML file from your workarea ? If you don't have one, just create one, put it in your workarea and just click on the filename from the (CCPro) UI.
gzevin
have you installed a customer webserver (eg,, apache, iPlanet), not iwproxy, and configured it properly? It's the customer webserver that does preview of files, not iwproxy
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
Do you have any proxy settings ?
Is it running ?
Check the web server
http://server:81/iw-mount/default/main/
.....
you may want to run iwprox in debug mode as well
mike_jaixen
I think that's the "customer web server" is the part I missed...
Here's the error message that I got...
Connection Failed
iwproxy was unable to open a connection to: en0.omhq1722.uprr.com:40000
Reason: Connection refused.
Digging into it further on my existing TS 5.5.2 server, I see a second virtual host set up on port 40000, so obviously, that's the part I missed. Thanks for the confirmation.
Still wouldn't mind finding a good reference to explain the various options for configuring this...
iwovGraduate
See the Admin Guide. It has a section on how to configure the Web Server.
gzevin
bingo!
when you istall TeamSite, your customer webserver needs (ideally) be there already. In the case of apache TeamSite will even add its own stuff in the config files.
but it's in the admin guide as well. Pretty straighforward.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
mike_jaixen
Actually, the Installation Guide does a better job of explaining what it's trying to do than the Admin guide. Without that perspective, the Admin guide is garbage.
Thanks for the suggestions.
gzevin
well, I meant all relevant guides, in fact.. sorry
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU