Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Back up of Worksite MP documents
Sushant
Hi,
I am using Worksite MP from some time. I have uploaded many documents(approximately 30000) through bulk upload.
I have got 2 queries.
1.The files are saved in a different format in the fileserver. Is there any method of viewing my documents from the file server.
2.How do I take the back up of my Worksite MP documents.
Is there any method of replicating the whole system, with out uploading again all the documents.
Thanx in advance,
Sushant.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JTNeville
Our backup comprises of 2 pieces.
1) Nightly SQL backups up the complete database and logs.
2) Nightly backup of the file server share as is.
It all goes to tape. You need both to do a full restore.
I don't know of a view to look at the files as they are stored by MP, though within MP each workspace management area has a administrative trash can where the workspace creator can restore fiels deleted by users.
dbguy
1. No. You should not touch the file server files directly.
2. I am not sure I understand what you want to do. Can you give more details?
Sushant
Hi,
Thanx for your reply.
Could you please explain me how to take back ups of both the fileserver and the database.
Do we have any documentation regarding this.
Please help me out.
Thanx in advance.
Sushant Devata.
rajit
Hi All
Just to add to what Sushant is asking, is there a way to take
incremental backups of the DB and the fileserver? What is the
normally followed procedure.
I don't seem to find any information in the documentation about
this thing.
Thanks
Rajit
dbguy
I am not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but here it goes...
There are two ways you can backup your system (regardless if it is a full or an incremental backup):
1. Shutdown all services and perform the backup. This way, when you restore it, DB and file server will be consistent. This approach is not practical in many (if not most) environments.
2. Choose a time when your system has the least usage and perform the backup. In this case, when you restore it, there may be inconsistencies between DB and file server due to changes being made while the backup is executing (doesn't really matter which one you perform first or even if you run them in parallel). After you restore the backup you can run fcheck to figure out what the inconsistencies are.
There should be some sort of disaster recovery document available. Please check with your AE.
BTW, if you are running WorkRoute, do not forget to backup its DB too.