Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
open a document with SDK
anywheremike
I am writing a VB app using the Worksite 8.0 COM object. I perform a search for a specific document, and then need to open it (hopefully without having to check it out or copy it to the users hard drive). I would like it to behave as though I had double-clicked on the document from within Desksite.
I have the NRTLaunchMethod object, so I can tell which application should be used to open the file, but I don't know how to actually open it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
When you double click on a document from within DeskSite, it gets checked out to the portable path. And from there, the file then gets opened in its native application.
If you would like to mimic this open behavior via the SDK, you would need to use the OpenCmd Object as documented and exemplified in the SDK manual, WorkSite Extension Library Reference Manual.pdf: Chapter 4 Command Objects Reference: OpenCmd.