Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
server page technology
chuckles
I am writing yet another CGI with HTML spaghettied into it and it bothers me to no end. Has anyone tried to configure their TeamSite web server to run Mason? How did it turn out? Has anyone tried using PHP or some other server page language for their TeamSite custom CGIs?
TS 5.5.2 (soon to be 6.5)
Solaris 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
What version of TeamSite?
If you are on 6.x Java Servlets and JSP's are your best bet IMO.
If you are going to pick up something new, it may as well be something supported with a full API
John Cuiuli
chuckles
My impression of 6.5 from the docs I have seen is that it would be premature to start doing 100% Java development. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the UITK supports Java while templating and workflow are still fully Perl-dependant. And since the CCSDK is accessible via web services, it is language-neutral. I think that so long as workflow and templating are Perl and we have so much existing custom code and libraries, simply switching to Java is not really feasible or helpful. What has everyone else's experience been like?
TS 5.5.2 (soon to be 6.5)
Solaris 9
Valentine
Do you mean the "preview" web-server or the iwwebd?
chuckles
I'm not actually that knowledgeable of all the processes Interwoven is running, but I mean the server that serves the TeamSite GUI. The effect being that I can create CGI tasks and custom menu items a bit more efficiently.
Johnny
When you use the term CGI... that can be totally replaced by Java.
The UITK is used to configure the UI, but you can add your own servlets, jsp's.
I wouldn't say there is anything premature about that.
Most of what you said is correct, but PERL is only available for invoking workflow templates (.wft), but CSSDK allows you to interact with the workflow engine which is what you would be doing inside a CGI. Generating templates (.tpl) is definitely in PERL, though they wouldn't interact with any CGI's
You were originally talking about evaluating php or maybe mason for CGI's, well that's why I mentioned Java.
John Cuiuli