Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS Search: Changing the bulk and incremental index
bturns
Hey All,
I would like to refresh the search index on a more frequent basis. I've run the command:
iwndxrefreshbr -b /default/main/intranet/kpnet_sites/kphealthconnect
also
iwndxrefreshbr -i /default/main/intranet/kpnet_sites/kphealthconnect
However, this only seems to refresh the index once a day. I've tried stopping and starting the index and search servers but this does not seem to reindex the content. Does anyone know of a way to force an indexing of the content? I would like to be able to reindex the content on demand so i don't have to wait a day every time I update content. However, I am not yet at the point of doing an index the reads from the submit events. I would like a way of reindexing content from the command line.
Thanks,
Brian
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
If you have your index server set up to listen to submit events from the event subsystem, then it will keep updating the indexes after (potentially) every submit event. I am assuming you do not have your index server set up here to listen to submit events.
In that case, every time you issue the iwndxrefresbr CLT, it is a hint to the index server to update the index for that branch. Unless the index server is busy indexing other branches, it should start to address your CLT request pretty much immediately and try to get your index for that branch up to date. I am not sure why you have to wait for a day to have these branches indexed. Any special things you did to the configuration files after you installed TeamSite Search?
Regards
--Anirudha
bturns
I just performed another test. It appears that you're right the iwndxrefreshbr command does index the branch right away.
Thanks for you help.