Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
excluding files in open deploy
christinelewis
I want to exclude all XML files in a directory, and all directories within. So it's not a path and it's not a pattern, it's both.
Is this possible? I've tried a couple of variations but nothing is working. For example
<excludePattern regex="pathName\.xml$"/>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
... So it's not a path and it's not a pattern, it's both. ...
You can use <excludePattern> and <excludePath> together (to keep things simple) instead of using a single <excludePattern> or a single <excludePath>.
Or maybe I am missing what your question is ? Maybe you can be a little bit more specific ?
christinelewis
(I hope I not being dense here).
Currently I'm excluding a few patterns from my source, in it I have been excluding all XML files, this now needs to change to all XML files ONLY in one direcotry (all others need to be deployed).
Hewe is my current filter list on source
<filters>
...
<excludePath subPath="test"/>
<excludePattern regex=".*\.xml$"/>
</filters>
What I want to do is something along the lines of
<excludePattern regex="repository\.xml$"/>
So when it deploys the directory repository it will deploy everything excluding the XML files. All other directories will deploy XML normally.
Make sense?
Adam Stoller
Set up multiple pathSpecification elements - like this:
...
<pathSpecification>
<path name="."/>
<filters>
<excludePath subPath="test"/>
<excludePath subPath="repository"/>
</filters>
<targetRules area="/...../somedir">
<filters>
<excludePath subPath="repository"/>
</filters>
</targetRules>
</pathSpecification>
<pathSpecification>
<path name="./repository"/>
<filters>
<excludePattern regex=".*\.xml$"/>
</filters>
<targetRules area="/...../somedir/repository"/>
</pathSpecification>
...
NOTE: the above is off the top-of-my-head - you should test it thoroughly in simulated mode before actually using it.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
christinelewis
Thanks! Did the job.