Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Migration - 5.5.2 to 6.5
Leo
Hi,
We are in the process of migrating from T5.5.2 to T6.5 for which I have listed down the possible steps. But, I am not sure how far it is implementation-ready and the number of days I've estimated is right or not?!!
<See Attachment>
Please highlight me if I have missed out any steps, or If I have estimated right for the steps that are listed. And, I don think my steps are in a proper sequence, which also may matter during migration. Are there any error-prone step which I need to take care before performing?
Sorry if I am asking too many questions - I am just thinking loud. Over all, I am looking at a plan which is practical - avoid last minute suprises that consume time.
Thanks in advance.
- Leo
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Leo
Oops...!!
Forgot the attachment! Here it is
Thanks.
- Leo
Maninder_IBM
Seems reasonable... but remember you don't have to convert the backing store. 5.5.2 is compatible with 6.5.
Phil
Are you going to enable search? If not, you should consider removing the links from the UI. See this
post
for more info.
You may want to add some more time to migrating custom menu items. Some environment variables have changed and this may require recoding if your CGIs depended on this information.
Phil