Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Disabling CCStandard in TS6.5
stefanmaier
Hi all,
TS6.5
I want to deactivate the ccstd login possibility in the dropdown box on the login screen
(and perhaps the whole ccstd-web application) cause it isn't used.
Is there any possibility to configure this dropdown box, so that "Standard" not appears?
?? Perhaps this way:
I removed the ccstd-application from \iw-home\local\config\lib\content_center\toolkits.xml
and reinstalled the content_center web application.
But does somebody know, if this proceeding has any side effects?
Regards
Stefan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
there is no *supported* ways of doing this
search the forum - I believe someone has been discussing how to hack a jsp login file...
another alternative - to put some rewrite rule so anyone typing your teamsite server address will be prompted to log straight into CC PRO. I wrote an article about this.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
stefanmaier
Hi,
thanks for your input.
My solution:
1. creating a new login.jsp in the directory \iw-home\local\config\lib\content_center\customer_src\web\teamsite\auth
(based on the original Interwoven-login.jsp with some little modifications)
2. running make_toolkit.ipl in the customer_src-directory.
Thereby the original login.jsp is replaced.
Stefan
gzevin
you probably want to post your code or write an article, as this is a FAQ
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
stefanmaier
Hi,
here's my login.jsp.
File is based on the original login.jsp,
two lines are added: 569 and 577.
Stefan
Adam Stoller
I'm trying to follow your example, I've put the changes in place and ran make_toolkit.ipl - but I still seem to have a drop-down showing both Standard and Professional.
Did I miss something - or was this change not supposed to get rid of Standard from the selection box?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Adam Stoller
I found the rest of the instructions in
this thread
- thanks much to all who contributed this work-around for the missing functionality of being able to disable the CCStd interface.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
lawspetvetri
I followed all the steps mentioned in the other thread and I was able to make the drop-down not appear in the login screen.
However, whenever I try to login with a wrong user id or whenever the session expires, the login screen that appears has the drop-down box in it. Does it show a different login page after trying to authenticate?
Please let me know how you handled this.
Adam Stoller
We saw the same thing - I'm not sure if it was ever fixed (I'm no longer working on that project)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
lawspetvetri
Thanks for the quick response.
I found the cause and fixed it. I commented the last line in the below section in login.jsp and it fixed the issue.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if ( errorCtx.isError() || errorCtx.hasMessages() )
{
if ( uiChoiceIsFixed )
{
apps = createSingleAppChoiceList( selectedUI, apps);
// uiChoiceIsFixed = false;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Vetri
SampleRpt.rptdesign
smenon
In TeamSite 6.7.0 (which will ship in Feb 2006), you will have the option to manage some basic user attributes/profiles including email address, friendly name or display names, preferred UI. Using the preferred UI option, you can specify which UI the user typically works in and when they login, the user is taken directly to their preferred UI. There will be no UI selection drop-down in the login page. Also - there will be a link from each of the UIs to switch back and forth between the UIs.
The UI choices are - CC Std, CC Std only, CC Pro, CC Pro only. The difference between the CC Pro and CC Pro only choice is that for a user that has been given the CC Pro only preference, they will not see the switch UI link when they login to CC Pro. For users that have been given the "CC Pro" option, they will be allowed to switch between the two UIs and the switch link will be enabled.
--Sunil Menon
Sr. Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.