Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
migrate from TS6.1 to TS6.5
System
Has anyone successfully migrated a PRODUCTION server from TS6.1 to TS6.5? I'd like to get some insight:
1. Do you choose to upgrade from TS 6.1 to TS 6.5 or uninstall TS 6.1 and install TS6.5?
2. If you have some long running workflow jobs in the production backing store, after the server converted from TS 6.1 to TS6.5, are those jobs created under TS 6.1 working fine?
I have been testing on a fresh installation of TS6.5. And I will need to convert a production TS 6.1 server to TS6.5 soon.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
NathansDIS
I did this upgrade over the weekend and installed the optional search component as well. All the running jobs have made the transition successfully, and we really have no reported issues as of yet. If you have any more specific questions, let me know. BTW, we are on Windows 2000 platform and use Active Directory authentication.
Rgds,
Nathan Sunderman
Washington State DIS
NathansDIS
Wait, I take part of that back. There does seem to be an issue with our DCT complaining about required fields when they are already filled in. I am investigating. Stay tuned.
-n
NathansDIS
See this post for info on the issue:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEAMSITE&Number=53137&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1day&Main=52126
Migrateduser
Natthan,
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
We are on Win2k3, which always seems to have more problems. TS6.5 workflow submit event used to cause TeamSite server to crash and we had to install a patch to fix that. That's why I'm concerned about running workflow jobs.
Also, do you have customized setting for Interwoven Web Daemon (Apache)? Do you use UITK a lot? Do you customize the OOTB JSP pages? I'm concerned that these might cause problems when TS6.5 tries to rebuild the web application.
Migrateduser
Hi Jane,
We have issues with TS6.5SP1 on W2K3. We did similar to what you have described. We installed 6.5 on new box and moved entire backing store from 6.1 box. When users started using system, gradually system becomes unresponsive. Eventually forcing us to reboot the system. What patch did you apply, is it OS patch OR TS patch? We are already on TS6.5 SP1.
We are also looking into TS vs NAV compatibility. We have case opened with IWOV support as well.
Thanks in advance.
Krishna.
smenon
I am guessing that you meant Norton Antivirus when mentioned NAV. Do you have Norton Anti-virus running on the server? If so, which version of NAV are you running? How many users do you have using the system? Do you know if your server CPU consumption is spiking and if so, which process is holding up the CPU? What are your server specs? How many CPUs, RAM etc? There are so many variables that could be in play here that it is a little difficult to comment without more details. Opening a case with Tech Support is obviously the right thing to do.
thanks
--Sunil Menon
Sr. Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.