Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
External Search Engine Optimization
abyrd
Hello,
I'm working on a site in which we're focused on optimizing the site for external search engines (e.g., Yahoo, Google, etc.). I understand how to properly use meta tags in HTML files to improve search ranking. However, I'm struggling with understanding how to tag other types of files (e.g., .pdf, .doc, etc.), so that search engines will pick them up. I've read a couple of threads that talk about deploying the extended attributes to a database or deploying the extended attributes in txt/xml files associated with the primary file. However, I don't understand how either of these options work (e.g., how does the search engine know the association).
If anyone could explain these concepts to me further, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
AB
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Valentine
I don't think that you can increase the rank of the PDF.
Other than converting pdf to html and adding meta tags from the extended attributes of the pdf.