Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD 5.6 Help with using multiple pathSpecifications
rimcc
Base (ENG: [...] Component Version :
5.6.0.1.0 Build 41496 Interwoven 20041006
) on Win2k advanced server
Receiver (ENG: [...] Component Version :
5.6.0.1.0 Build 41496 Interwoven 20041006
) on Win2003 Server standard
(i.e. both base and reciever are 5.6 SP1 with latest patches).
Hi,
I'm having trouble achieving the following (A,B,C,D, E are dirs containing sub-dirs and files), for filelist based deployments:
SRC/A -- deploys to --> TGT/apps/A
SRC/B -- deploys to --> TGT/apps/B
SRC/C/D -- deploys to --> TGT/data/C/D
SRC/C/E -- deploys to --> TGT/data/C/E
SRC/F/G -- deploys to --> TGT/data/F/G
SRC/F/H -- deploys to --> TGT/data/F/H
If in the deployment config I include multiple pathSpecifications under one sourceFilesystem I get this error:
[...]
LIB: 2005-03-17 18:40:55 ERROR: Deployment (.proj_b2csys_apps_filelist20050317_184054.web_filelist.b2csysweb): Size of local directories[3] is not equal to that of of filelist[1]
[...]
and if I use multiple sourceFilesystems, each with a single pathSpecification, I get this error:
[...]
LIB: 2005-03-17 18:25:33 ERROR: Deployment (.proj_b2csys_apps_filelist20050317_182532.web_filelist.b2csysweb): For downrev to OD5.6.0 or before, when using file_list mode only one local_directory section is allowed.
[...]
I've attached the deployment conf and error logs for each case.
As far as I can tell from the manuals the deployment config should be fine with either multiple pathSpecifications or multiple sourceFilesystems. Am I missing
something, or could I achieve the same goal in a simpler way?
Any help or info much appreciated.
Richard.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You didn't attach the config file - nor did you include a sample [actual situation] of the filelist you are providing for it (along with any other information about the command line flags used in the invokation of the deployment).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rimcc
<Sigh>. The irony being that I had just read your post about DevNet postings in bit bucket. Then I previewed twice and lost the attachment in the meantime.
This time all logs and config and filelist should be attached. These are actual logs/config (apart from some additional commenting added after the fact).
The config (proj_b2csys_apps_filelist.xml) contains a comment detailing how it is called, but I'll repeat it here:
iwodcmd.exe start proj_b2csys_apps_filelist -inst 20050318_114004 -k "source_area=Y:\default\main\Apps\b2c_upgrade\STAGING"
-k "filelist=E:\Apps\Interwoven\iw-home/custom/logs/deploy/filelist/filelist_21934_21943_20050318_113713.log" -k "type=filelist"
Richard.
Adam Stoller
The part of your config that I find potentially suspicious is:
<pathSpecification>
<path name="pub" />
<filters>
<includePath subPath="
common
" />
<includePath subPath="internet" />
</filters>
<targetRules area="
F:\deploytest\data
">
<filters>
<includePath subPath="
common
" />
<includePath subPath="internet" />
</filters>
</targetRules>
</pathSpecification>
<pathSpecification>
<path name="conf" />
<filters>
<includePath subPath="
common
" />
<includePath subPath="rmte_srvr" />
</filters>
<targetRules area="
F:\deploytest\data
">
<filters>
<includePath subPath="
common
" />
<includePath subPath="rmte_srvr" />
</filters>
</targetRules>
</pathSpecification>
I believe that you are [perhaps unintentionally] forcing two different source directories:
pub/common
and
conf/common
to deploy to the exact same target directory:
F:/deploytest/data/common
- and you have
doDeletes="yes"
set which means that both of these legs will be overwriting each other.
The other likely issue here, though I cannot remember whether it was/should be supported, is having multiple pathSpecification elements in a filelist deployment - clearly having a single pathSpecification element with a single filelist makes sense, and having a 1:1 relationship between filelists and pathSpecifications (as you would in your multi-sourceFilesystem version) would seem to make sense - but trying to have a 1:3 (or 3:1 depending on how you look at it) relationship between the pathSpecifications and filelist is questionable.
If I recall correctly - the contents of the filelist are expected to be
relative
to the
sourceFilesystem
area
+path
name
and that's not the case here. Perhaps if you change your config to look like this:
<sourceFilesystem area = "$source_area^" filelist = "$filelist^">
<pathSpecification>
<path name="." />
<filters>
<includePath subPath="AAA-EAR.ear" />
</filters>
</pathSpecification>
<pathSpecification>
<path name="
.
" />
<filters>
<includePath subPath="
pub\
common" />
<includePath subPath="
pub\
internet" />
</filters>
<targetRules area="F:\deploytest\data
\pub
">
<filters>
<includePath subPath="common" />
<includePath subPath="internet" />
</filters>
</targetRules>
</pathSpecification>
<pathSpecification>
<path name="
.
" />
<filters>
<includePath subPath="
conf\
common" />
<includePath subPath="
conf\
rmte_srvr" />
</filters>
<targetRules area="F:\deploytest\data
\conf
">
<filters>
<includePath subPath="common" />
<includePath subPath="rmte_srvr" />
</filters>
</targetRules>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
it might work?
(I have no idea why it thinks you're running a downRev deployment when you use multiple sourceFilesystem elements)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rimcc
Thanks for highlighting those issues Ghoti. In the end, and after many requirements changes, I chained the deployments to the TGT/apps and TGT/data dirs and that simplified things greatly for me.
Richard.