Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Detect how WFT is started?
RonaldV
Hi,
how can you detect in a wft how the job is started (on submit/assign/new-job/...)?
Thanks, Ronald
TS65 on Win2k
TS552/TS65, Win2k
OD560/OD601
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
saumil
Hi,
I am not sure about direct way.
But tricky solution can be use _TAG_(iw_workarea) in wft.
For submit it will give you valid WORKAREA and for new job it will give you null.
Not tried yet but may be use full for you.
Saumil
BTWholesale | CMS
TS 5.5.2 - Solaris 8.0
RonaldV
Be warned!
I checked all params that Teamsite passed to the wft for both 'new job' & 'submit' and both contain the iw_workarea element on TS65. I think this is going to break many wft's that when the teamsite-server they run on is being upgraded. :-)
Still thanks for your reply.
Ronald
TS552/TS65, Win2k
OD560/OD601
Migrateduser
I don't believe there is any supported way of accomplishing this today, but I suppose you
could
edit available_templates.
ipl
such that it sets some value somewhere. In this file, the variable you're interested in is $COMMAND. Do this at your own risk, but hey, if it works, post back and let us know what ya did!
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
(3) TS 6.1 on W2K
RonaldV
Thanks dave,
I was hoping for a supported solution. :-)
Ronald
TS552/TS65, Win2k
OD560/OD601
Johnny
Nothing will break.
If you are inside a workarea when invoking a "new job" iw_workarea will always be passed.
What is it that you would actually like to achieve?..
There might be another way if you describe your goal.
John Cuiuli
RonaldV
Hi,
I need to create some wfts that have lot's in common but that have some differences. Something along this way:
- submit-wft: review1, review2, submit
- assign or new-job-wft: do-work, review1, etc.
So if I would know how the wft would have been called I would be done.
Ronald
TS552/TS65, Win2k
OD560/OD601
Adam Stoller
I think you need to contact Support - see if they can find out if there is some as-yet-unknown way for you to do this, and if not, have them open up a feature request for you.
The only way I can think of to do this would be to have essentially empty wrapper-wfts that would act as "parent" workflows and have them pass along all their information *and* set a job variable in the [common] "child" workflow to indicate how they were initiated. E.g.:
mySubmitWFT: Instantiation Form -> externaltask -> CommonWFT (wftType = "submit")
myAssignWFT: Instantiation Form -> externaltask -> CommonWFT (wftType = "assign")
myNewJobWFT: InstantiationForm -> externaltask -> CommonWFT (wftType = "new_job")
...
The externaltask would use either iwjobc or iwwft_compile.ipl to call the CommonWFT - alternatively you could use an externaltask to set the wftType in the "parent" workflow and use a wftask to initiate the new job (I believe in 6.x there's background="t" attribute for wftfile-style wftasks - the CommonWFT would then be responsible for determining the parent workflow and extracting information like wftType from it.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
RonaldV
Thanks all , for your input.
TS552/TS65, Win2k
OD560/OD601