Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WorkFlow Builder Email Task
smohrle
Hi All -
Platform: Windows 2000 Server
Teamsite Version: 6.5
I know WorkFlow Builder is not the greatest tool, but I currently using it to learn work flows. My two questions are:
1) Is there a way to assign a variable to the email field on a email task? IE: To be able to send to email back to the author, but not hardcode the email address or user id?
2) Is there a way to have a Submit task send the attached file to a staging folder on the same server?
Thanks for any help!
Sarah
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I know this has been discussed before, but I don't recommend you use WFB to learn Workflow. Instead I recommend you use the out-of-the box workflows, the workflow tutorial here on DevNet, and the cyberschool training on Workflow.
I think you'll have much more success long term, although the initial learning curve taking this route might be slightly steeper.
Regards,
lissa
smohrle
Where is the workflow tutorial on devnet? I have the 6.5 Workflow Developer's Guide, which is somewhat confusing. I have the lab manuals from one of my co-workers going to the courses, which are only useful if you have the exact environment that the course was taught in.
Sarah
iwovGraduate
Search the Tech Library on devnet or Knowledge Base on support site for workflow tutorial - its a PDF document.
Migrateduser
I typed 'workflow developer' in the top search box in the DevNet banner above.
It gave me this link:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/048805
lissa
Nicholas
Here is the link for Out-Of-The-Box Workflow webcast...
https://interwoven1.webex.com/interwoven1/mywebex/tool/docshow/playback.php?Rnd=1596419513
Thanks Nicholas