Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CCStd custom portlet
mogoo
I'm having trouble trying to get a custom portlet to show up in CCStd. Titlebar shows up, it just won't populate the portlet. Same goes for the OOTB example of the devnet portlet; can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong?
*Note: the jsp works when I add it as a custom tab in CCPro.
TS 6.5, Solaris, Windows IE 6.0 browser
Added this to portal_custom.xml...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
<portlet id="custom.portlet.quicklinks.title"
label="QuickLinks"
resourceBundle="com.corp.custom.strings"
url="/iw-cc/customer/users.jsp">
<title-bar id="titlebar" type="standard"/>
</portlet>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
users.jsp consists of...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
<iframe name="quick"
id="quick"
src="/iw-cc/customer/user_pages/user.html"
width="100%"
height="620"
border=0
frameborder=0
scrolling="yes"></iframe>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
maureen
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
All looks well to me. I have seen messages that sometimes require you to add a description atttribute for customizations. I would go ahead and throw a description= into the portal_custom.xml file. I assume you have the key custom.portlet.quicklinks.title defined in the com/corp/custom/strings.properties file.
Is this the only thing you have in portal_custom.xml? You will need some surrounding tags as well for this to work. Something to the effect of:
<iwov-portal>
<portal-page id="iw.ccstd.home.portal-page">
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column2.portal-group" width="50%">
<portlet id="custom.portlet.quicklinks.title"
label="QuickLinks"
resourceBundle="com.corp.custom.strings"
url="/iw-cc/customer/users.jsp">
<title-bar id="titlebar" type="standard"/>
</portlet>
</portlet-group>
</portal-page>
</iwov-portal>
So it knows what column to put it in, etc.
Also, I am not sure about using a resource bundle to use as the id of an element. I have only seen resource bundle keys used for labels and descriptions but it may work, unless I am mis understanding your id for a resource bundle key. If that is not a key, remove the resource bundle= line.
Let me know how that goes before I start throwing more stuff out.
mogoo
Thanks for the suggestions bk99nd. I've tried all of them, but I still can't get it to work. I'm attaching our portal_custom.xml, which does have all the surrounding tags.
Again, my users.jsp (referenced in the attached) works just fine from a CC Pro tab. Just not from the CC Std portal that would make this not work?
I can't even get the OOTB example to devnet to work. Could it be some kind of server configuration with regards to portals???
TIA