Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
File extension
Interwowen
Hi,
This is a question regarding datacapture.cfg. If I don't specify extns, is it true that users can see and select any file type?
Only shows .htm and .html file extension
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<item name="URL">
<browser size="80" extns=".htm,.html" initial-dir="/" required="t" />
</item>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shows all files with different extensions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<item name="URL">
<browser size="80" initial-dir="/" required="t" />
</item>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
Looks like you have tried the two alternatives in your DCT. What did you observe ?
Migrateduser
If that's what you're seeing, then I guess that's what it does.
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
(3) TS 6.1 on W2K
jbonifaci
How else would you expect it to function? I believe there is a bug in Interwoven's TeamSite::ESP module in your version of TeamSite. Because of this, you either need to specify the extensions or it will show all files.
gzevin
what I could not believe, that there were even deleted files showing in the browser.. this was not funny...
but my bug fix request was fulfilled very quickly.. it's productised by now
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Interwowen
Thanks for the quick reply.
I just want to make sure that if I go with the approach below won't cause problems in future. My intention is to display all file types.
<item name="URL">
<browser size="80" initial-dir="/" required="t" />
</item>
jbonifaci
That has always been the functionality of the browser element. Don't see that changing ever.
Interwowen
I agreed with Greg, if I don't specify file extension, it shows all deleted files also. I think its better to specify them.