Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visual format field value not populated
pbenn
I'm running TS6.5 IIS 2003 and viewing content with IE6.0
I can save a DCR from a DCT with a visual formatter field no problem. The content is present in the DCR and is rendered correctly when I preview the page. However, when I view or edit the DCR again, the visual formatter field is blank. Anything I type in the field replaces the existing field value.
Am I missing a config option? The code snippet from the DCT:
<item max="20" min="0" name="paragraph" pathid="paragraph">
<label>Paragraph</label>
<textarea cols="60" external-editor="visualformat" external-editor-inline="t" required="f" rows="20" wrap="off"/>
</item>
Many thanks,
P.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nicholas
Try wrap="virtual" in place of wrap="off".
<textarea cols="60" external-editor="visualformat" external-editor-inline="t" required="f" rows="20" wrap="virtual" />
Thanks Nicholas
Adam Stoller
can you show us the templating.cfg entry for this specific data-type?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pbenn
<iw_iterate list="dcr.content.Body" var="d1">
<![CDATA[<p><strong>]]><iw_value name="d1.subtitle"/><![CDATA[</strong></p>]]>
<iw_iterate list="d1.paragraph" var="e1">
<iw_value name="e1.paragraph" />
</iw_iterate>
</iw_iterate>
Migrateduser
Although I'm not entirely sure why, fish is actually requesting the entry in
templating.cfg
, not the reference in your presentation template. Maybe it has something to do with iwov vs. xml template type. I'm actually wondering what the saved DCR looks like, but I'll yield to fish
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
(3) TS 6.1 on W2K
Adam Stoller
That is exactly what I wanted to ascertain - I believe "iwov" style DCRs do not use things like the pathid attribute - and thus it would be possible that a datacapature6.0 DTD compliant DCT might fail to render properly when being evaluated against the datacapture5.0 DTD (which, if memory serves, is what "iwov" style DCT are rendered against).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pbenn
Didn't make a difference
pbenn
Sorry I misunderstood
The DCT uses
<!DOCTYPE datacapture SYSTEM "datacapture5.0.dtd">
And, yes, I use the 'iwov' data type in templating.cfg
<data-type name="040-005" dcr-type="iwov">
<presentation>
<template name="site.tpl" extension="html">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*" preview-dir="/">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
</presentation>
</data-type>
So, should I use xml? Or switch the DCT to 6.0 DTD.. Btw, I am developing on a 6.5 server, but deploying to a 6.0 server. Should I keep the DCT DTD at 5.0?
Thanks very much,
P.
pbenn
Sorry, and here's the DCR
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE record SYSTEM "dcr4.5.dtd">
<record name="test2" type="content"><item name="site_section"><value>/0/1</value></item><item name="nav_bar"><value><item name="name"><value>AMICUS</value></item>
<item name="url"><value>
www.msn.com</value></item>
</value></item><item name="content"><value><item name="title"><value>Canadiana: The National Bibliography of Canada</value></item>
<item name="contents"><value><item name="name"><value>About Canadiana</value></item>
<item name="url"><value>#about</value></item>
</value></item>
<item name="Body"><value><item name="subtitle"><value>About <i>Canadiana</i></value></item>
<item name="paragraph"><value><item name="paragraph"><value><p>This is a test</p>
</value></item>
</value></item>
</value></item>
</value></item><item name="metadata"><value><item name="name"><value/></item>
<item name="language"><value>french</value></item><item name="content"><value/></item>
<item name="scheme"/></value></item></record>
pbenn
I pumped the DCT through the validation engine and found (ahem) a few bogus attributes. The document was always well formed, but I removed anything that the validator complined about. Now, the paragraph is successfully loaded. I've included the DCR below
My concern is that 5.0 DTD for the DCT and the dcr4.5 DTD for the DCR are available for 6.0. I don't have access to the machine, yet, so I can't test it myself. An RTFM reference would be okay, too, if you don't know the answer off hand.
Thanks for the attention,
P.
DCR that displays visual formatter field correctly on reload:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE record SYSTEM "dcr4.5.dtd">
<record name="test7" type="content"><item name="site_section"><value>/0/1</value></item><item name="nav_bar"><value><item name="name"><value>Foo</value></item>
<item name="url"><value>bar</value></item>
</value></item><item name="content"><value><item name="title"><value>Too</value></item>
<item name="contents"><value><item name="name"><value>Too</value></item>
<item name="url"><value>Fgg</value></item>
</value></item>
<item name="Body"><value><item name="subtitle"><value>Grr</value></item>
<item name="paragraph"><value><p>Test</p>
</value></item>
</value></item>
</value></item><item name="metadata"><value><item name="name"><value/></item>
<item name="language"><value>french</value></item><item name="content"><value/></item>
<item name="scheme"/></value></item></record>
Adam Stoller
You seem to be using a 'blended' mode of DCT - in once sense you're using the pathid attribute in your DCT - which I *believe* indicates an "xml" style / datacapture6.0 compliant DTD - on the other hand you've explicitly specified "iwov" style for the data type which therefore creates your DCR according to the datacapture5.0 DTD.
You can try a couple of things here:
1. Switch from "iwov" to "xml" in your templating.cfg file and then re-edit the DCR and see if that fixes things (if it does, take a look at the resultant DCR - as I believe its appearance will have changed - and you'll need to re-verify your PTs)
2. Stick to "iwov" and change your DTD to only use datacapture5.0 DTD syntax -- the resultant DCR should look pretty much the same as the one you posted, but you'd still want to re-verify your PTs
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pbenn
I removed the pathid stuff from my DCT and stuck with iwov, as a result of my running an XML validator against the 5.0 DTD. This whole DCT started from another source, so I understand how things started to get confused.
Thanks,
P.
Migrateduser
Does that mean this is working now?
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
(3) TS 6.1 on W2K
pbenn
Yes. If you run your DCT through an xml validator, and use the correct dtd (datacapture5.0.dtd for iwov data type) then you should catch any errors