Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwauthen.cfg ?
nipper
OD 6.0.1, Solaris 2.8
anyone have this file ? It should be in:
CSF/AccessService/conf ?
I am getting an error in an error log complaining that it cannot be opened. I cannot find any
documentation to this file.
If someone has it, can you post ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Where did you come up with this filename?
I looked through the 6.0.1 documentation and the closest I could find was on page 15 of the CSF Developer's Guide - under the heading of iwovcsfconfig.xml
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
One of my log files is complaining that this file cannot be found.
../CSF/AccessService/as.log:/u03/iw-home/CSF/AccessService/conf/iwauthen.cfg: No such file or directory
I grepped through iw-home and it is referenced in a number of libraries, cannot find anywhere that it
is defined.
Andy
abyrd
Were you ever able to resolve your issue? We just upgraded to OD 6.0.2 and now there's an issue with CSF because it's looking for that same file when authenticating a user and cannot find it.
Thanks,
adb
nipper
nope
96 days and counting for support.
sqlscript.txt
screenshot.JPG
myreport.rptdesign
Migrateduser
I was able to find out what the iwauthen.cfg error message is about. Apparently, this file is optional. So, the absence of the file should not be printing an error message. It's harmless, but it's also a bug in that it shouldn't print the error. (Bug 60115.)
The other bug, of course, is that this file isn't documented at all. (Bug 60117.) Read on if you want to know more about this file.
The iwauthen.cfg file allows you to specify the log location for the CSF authentication server. By default, when the iwauthen.cfg file doesn't exist, the log is placed in CSF/AccessService/log/iwauthen.log.
If you want to change this log location, you would create the file CSF/AccessService/conf/iwauthen.cfg and insert the lines...
[locations]
iwauthenlogfile=<path and name of log file>
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
nipper
THanks Todd. I guess this was unrelated to my original problem
Andy
nipper
Were you ever able to resolve your issue? We just upgraded to OD 6.0.2 and now there's an issue with CSF because it's looking for that same file when authenticating a user and cannot find it.
I guess iwauthen.cfg was not the cause of your issue either. What is happening ? Are you trying to log in via local password,
LDAP ? Have you put CSF in debug mode ?
Andy