Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Processing two tasks
i8tweetybird
Hi,
I'm having a little problem with my workflow. So far, reading through the help, it seem's that nestedtask would be the way to go, but I thought I'd check.
I have usertask that triggers an externaltask through an approve button. However, when my externaltask completes, I want it to trigger the submit task and then endtask. However, it is not done automatically. When I click on approve, I see the external task as a pending task on teamsite.
What I want it to do is when I click on approve, all task get completed.
Here is portion of the workflow
---------------------------------------------------------------
<usertask name="Review"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Review"
lock="f"
readonly="t">
__INSERT__("<areavpath v='$area_vpath'/>");
<successors>
<successorset description="Approve">
<succ v="Generate_File"/>
</successorset>
<successorset description="Reject">
<succ v="Email_Author"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<activation>
<pred v="Email_Reviewer"/>
</activation>
</usertask>
<externaltask name="Generate_File"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Send file to htdocs">
__INSERT__("<areavpath v='$area_vpath'/>");
<successors>
<successorset description="DOIT">
<succ v="Submit"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<!-- Send mail without Servlet UI URL -->
<command v="$mycommand"/>
<activation>
<pred v="Review"/>
</activation>
</externaltask>
<submittask name="Submit"
owner="__INSERT__("$submittask_owner");"
unlock="t"
description='Author Content Approval'>
__INSERT__("<areavpath v='$area_vpath'/>");
<successorset>
<succ v="End"/>
</successorset>
<activation>
<pred v="Generate_File"/>
</activation>
</submittask>
<endtask name="End">
<activation>
<pred v="Submit"/>
</activation>
</endtask>
-----------------------------
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks in advance for your help
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
<command v="$mycommand"/>
That needs to be:
<command v="__INSERT__($mycommand);"/>
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
IDtest.rpt.rptdesign
Migrateduser
I'm echoing what fish said, but also make sure your external task has a CallBack in it, which routes the workflow to the next appropriate task, according to the value you give the CallBack routine.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
(3) TS 6.1 on W2K