Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Group task owner
sspopuri
Hi,
I have a group task and I would like to know who actually took the task when the job is running. Is it possible? i could not find any command line tool nor a system variable to know the actually owner.
Regards,
SSP
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
iwgetwfobj
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
iwovGraduate
Its possible - after somebody has taken the ownership. If you try to get the owner before somebody takes ownership you will get "no user" (or something along those lines).
I have a custom reporting solution which grabs the job XML using iwgetwfobj which will have this information.
You can also use the TeamSite::WFtask module.
When in your workflow (?) do you need to get this ?
Whats your TS version ?
sspopuri
TS 6.1 on windows 2003
I want to know after somebody takes the job.
could you share your idea?
Regards
ssp
Edited by sspopuri on 03/30/05 12:42 PM (server time).
gzevin
pay attention on what I posted already
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
>pay attention on what I posted already
That would be easier if you actually spoke English
BTW how is your Portugese these days ?
gzevin
don't make me to start using what I have already learned... (a hint: usually, people learn how to say f-words
)
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
iwovGraduate
To elaborate on what I (and gzevin) posted already -
iwgetwfobj is a CLT (command) which will give you all the information about the job in XML. You can parse this to get the owner of your grouptask.
Read documentation on this CLT. See the CLT guide.
Alternatively you can use the TeamSite::WFtask API to get the same information.
Read documentation on the API.
perldoc TeamSite::WFtask
Are you trying to get this in a workflow externaltask script ? somewhere else ?
gzevin
Are you trying to get this in a workflow externaltask script ? somewhere else ?
oh yeah, Samir.. finally you asked THE question .... It did not make sense to say anything more than I said, unless I get an answer to a question like that
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
sspopuri
OK I got it. thanks for your help.
iwovGraduate
I asked it in my first reply. Maybe it wasn't clear enough.
Ya thats the one the I have really learned working with IWOV products - to ask THE question(s).
DavidMusser
Samir... the problem is we want answers... not more questions... you should be able to sense what I need and fix it... come on.. step up! ;-)
David R. Musser
MCSE & MCP+I
Eye Street Software
Phone: 540-542-5257
Email:
dmusser@eyestreet.com
iwovGraduate
Oh I answered allright. Without even reading the question - for the consultant I am