Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwgen
sanjeevappa
c:\iw-home\bin>iwgen -t /templatedata/content/products/presentation/bill.tpl -r
/templatedata/content/products/data/phone
/content/dmsbase/products/phones/phone.xml
When i run this script it is giving error like this :
/templatedata/content/products/presentation/bill.tpl: does not have a configured filename extension.
Can any one suggest what might be the problem in TPL file.
San
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
Hi,
Check your templating.cfg file. It looks like it "does not have a configured filename extension". Add an extension such as html or asp or whatever it is you need.
HTH
Jeremy
sanjeevappa
Yaa i added that one even though it is giving :
My templating.cfg file is:
<category name="content">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*" />
</locations>
<data-type name="products" dcr-type="xml">
<presentation>
<template name="bill.tpl" extension="xml">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*" preview-dir="/">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
</presentation>
</data-type>
</category>
Jeremy
Are you using a standard Interwoven DCT or a custom one? If its a custom one then you are right to have the DCR type as XML. If you are using the standard one then it should be "iwov" I think.
sanjeevappa
I tried with both but i am not getting
Jeremy
Ok I did a search on the DevNet and it came back with an article that was replaced by an article in the Support Site (a bit silly I think - Lissa is this supposed to be like that? DevNet Article 2370 replaced by Support article 49754 ).
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=49754
Article says that for the error you are getting this could be the problem:
-t arguments surrounded by single quotes (') gives the following error: "<path given by -t argument, incl. single quote>: does not have a configured filename extension"
Maybe you should try putting double quotes around all your paths?
Try the following:
c:\iw-home\bin>iwgen -t "templatedata/content/products/presentation/bill.tpl" -r
"templatedata/content/products/data/phone"
"/content/dmsbase/products/phones/phone.xml"
Don't know if that'll work but its worth a shot.
Edited by Jeremy on 04/04/05 02:30 AM (server time).
Adam Stoller
I'm surprised at the error message - but not the error - as Windows / DOS does not tend to like single-quotes on the command line at all.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Well, it turns out that KB article 2370 was replaced by KB article 49754. Both are visible on DevNet. So the strange thing is the redirect only has the link to the support version.
I'm guessing we just didn't think through the presentation for redirects.
I'll see if that can be fixed. I can fix it in th KB 2370 for now.
Regards,
lissa