Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Changes reqd when TeamSite Master changes
aby_sam
What changes do I need to make in the configuration to change the email id of TeamSite master to a new email id.
I'm on AIX 5.2, TS 6.0
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Email ids are generally associated with userids, not TeamSite roles.
There are [at least] 2 different mechanism provided in the TeamSite distribution:
/local/config/wft/email_map.cfg which is the simplistic format of:
userid1: email-address1
userid2: email-address2
...
This file is used by scripts like iwhome/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl
iwhome
/local/config/wft/solutions/email_map.cfg which is XML format like:
<emailConf>
<user name="userid1" fullname="full user name1" email="email-address1"/>
<user name="userid2" fullname="full user name2" email="email-address2"/>
...
</emailConf>
This file is used by scripts like
iwhome
/local/config/wft/solutions/iw_solution_email.ipl
So - depending on which script your using, you can map userids to email-addresses using the above mechanisms -- if you're writing your own email script you can choose either of the above formats
or
invent your own.
I don't remember whether either of the above mentioned email scripts make use of LDAP lookups - but if not, and you want to, you could make a copy of the code and insert your own function to perform that lookup as well.
If I somehow managed
not
to answer you questions - please elaborate in more detail what you're looking for.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com