Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Copy Workareas to another TS Server
infyniti
I copied a workarea to another TS Server and modified all the DCR's. When I run the regen command on the workarea, I get the following error.
"not generated by FormsPublisher".
Is there a way I can copy single workarea to another TS server, retaining the all the information pertaining to that workarea. eg: history, information etc
We are using TeamSite 6.1.0 Service Pack 1
Any ideas how to accomplish this.
Regards,
Anant
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
You'll need to keep all the extended attributes on all the generated files as well as the DCR's.
I think there is a script floating around the DevNet somewhere that will do this for you.
It reads the extended attributes from all the files in the origonal workarea and then reaplies them to the new workarea.
HTH.
Johnny
That won't give you version history though.
John Cuiuli
StackedBarWithTarget.rptdesign
Michael
Yes if you want all the history as well you would need to copy the entire store wouldn't you?
iwovGraduate
Looks like you copied the files but did not copy over the extended attributes.
... Is there a way I can copy single workarea to another TS server, retaining the all the information pertaining to that workarea
There are ways to do what I think you want to do. Although not quite like how you describe. The history information, etc is not actually in the workarea per-se. If you want to keep all the history, etc, you will need to *migrate* the whole branch from one server to another.
Read the documentation on migrating backing store. This is well documented.
This also opens a whole can of worms about the environment of your original and new TS server.
What OS are you using ? Both have the same OS ?
Do you have local users/groups ?
iwovGraduate
Yes but not necessarily. The tools also allow you to copy the store contents by branch.
mannyroble
I've done that stuff before and it's not pleasant. I think the tool you need is iwmigrate, but I think that only migrates a whole branch not the workarea. It does keep all the history. If you just wanted to move the workarea I'm not sure if you will be able to keep the history at all. I attached some scripts that I've gotten somewhere in this forum to retrieve and apply EAs.
iwovGraduate
... If you just wanted to move the workarea I'm not sure if you will be able to keep the history at all....
If you just move the workarea you can't get the history/versions since workarea does NOT have this information. Its only at the branch level you get the versions/history.
iwovGraduate
If you intended to attach something it didn't make it.
mannyroble
Reposting again...
infyniti
My apologies for delay response.
iwovGraduate and mannyroble. Thank you very much for your help.
We are using SunOS 5.8 on both the servers.
I tried using iwmigrate to copy the whole branch, but was un-successful and ran into some errors. Also looked at the support site for help, but the examples on the support site are on windows.
Will try mannyroble scripts on monday and also update on the errors.